Nottingham Operatic Society is dedicated to giving people of all ages an opportunity to enjoy and experience performing in Nottingham’s number one theatrical venue…The wonderful Theatre Royal!
OUR 2018 PRODUCTION IS
‘JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT’
The society is always looking for new talent, so if you are a singer, dancer or actor, or are lucky enough to be all three and would like to join the society, then please contact us via our contact page, or email Harriet Hollowell on: email@example.com
There are two types of memberships available – acting and non-acting.
COST OF MEMBERSHIP
- Acting membership: £100
- Student/ OAP acting membership: £50
- Non-acting membership: £35
- Monthly standing order payments are available.
- Please note: An on-stage fee will apply nearer to the time of the show.
NEW MEMBERS AUDITIONS
- Every new member will be required to audition to join the society. A successful audition will enable you to join the society and participate in future shows and concerts performed by the society. However, should you miss 2 shows consecutively, you will be required to re-audition for the society.
- As part of the audition to be a member you will be expected to perform a short monologue and a musical theatre or light operetta song suitable for your voice, both of which must be performed by memory. You will also undertake a very basic movement audition. You will need to wear comfortable clothing for performance and movement.
- There are a limited number of places available in the acting company. If you are unsuccessful in your audition, you can still become a non-acting member of the society, and there are a number of options available to you to be involved.
- Additionally, acting members are only recruited when rehearsals start for a new show – this is usually around January of each year. Non-acting members are recruited any time of the year.
- Once successful, you’ll need to arrange payment of your subscription.
Auditions for principal roles will be held separately from our acting membership. This information will be made available closer to the time.
CHILDREN IN SHOWS
The Society only normally recruits children (anybody under the age of 17 by the time of the show) for shows when they are specifically needed. Please keep an eye on our Website/Facebook /Twitter@NottmOperatic for information.
Attendance to rehearsals is key to performing a successful show, therefore a register of attendance of acting members during rehearsals will take place. Should you be absent for any reason, it is compulsory that you inform the Secretary who will mark your absence accordingly.
The committee will ask any member whose attendance at rehearsals has been irregular to leave the production.
HISTORY FROM OUR COMPANY ARCHIVES
…Take a look at this wonderful old ‘MEMBERSHIP HANDBOOK’ (Date Unknown)
For further information on membership please contact Harriet Hollowed via the link above.
NOTTINGHAM OPERATIC SOCIETY IS A REGISTERED CHARITY
- To provide education & entertainment for members of the general public by giving a wide range of affordable, concessionary theatrical performances & concerts of music, drama & dance in the Nottingham area. To improve on or backstage skills for both amateur & professional members. Where possible to provide funds, time & performances to help charities.
Charity Number 256983